LASR.net Homepage




Menu

Saint Jo, Texas

Saint Jo was originally known as Head of Elm when it was established in 1856 on the springs that were headwaters of the Elm Fork of the Trinity River. It was later renamed for Joe Howell who laid out the townsite. Howell allegedly opposed the sale of liquor in town, thus giving both himself and town the name of "Saint Jo." The community located on U.S. 82 between Wichita Falls and Sherman was an important watering stop where the Chisholm Trail and the California Road crossed. Raids took place as late as 1874.

Attractions and Upcoming Events

Things to do near Saint Jo, TX

L.B. Houston

Course Access: PublicHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 2 days...

Woodhaven Country Club

Course Access: PrivateHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 7 days...

Tpc Four Seasons Resort Las Colinas -Tpc

Course Access: PrivateHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 45 days...

Bellville Golf & Recreation Club

Course Access: Semi-PrivateHoles: 9Reserve Advance Tee Times: Yes...