The Florence Woman's Club grew from the original Florence Village Improvement Club, organized in 1897 to improve and beautify the town of Florence. Members paid 25 cents a year to Mrs. T.F Weedin to keep the club's rake under her porch.
Florence, AZ Historic BuildingsThis is the Historic District's finest example of a Sonoran corner-style row house. Its street facades are flush with the property line and the wings are one room deep. Always used as a residence, it was built in 1880 by Juan Luna, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Florence, AZ Historic HomesThe earliest fired-brick building still standing in Florence and the town's second oldest brick structure, the second Nicholas Saloon and Beer Hall was built in 1889 for John Nicholas. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Florence, AZ Historic BuildingsIn 1888, Florence staged her most famous gunfight between ex-sheriff, Pete Gabriel and his former deputy, Joe Phy. The shooting started in the Tunnel Saloon and ended in the middle of Main Street. Gabriel survived; Phy died a few hours later. Also surviving the showdown was a 6 x 4
Florence, AZ Historic HomesIndian raids on white settlers were common in the 1880s. When William Clarke, a mining engineer, and his wife Ella came to Florence, he devised built-in security in constructing his residence about 1884
Florence, AZ Historic HomesU.S. 89-Pinal Pioneer Parkway The parkway begins southwest of Oracle heading towards the town of Florence through 42 miles of...
Course Access: ResortHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: 5 days...