D.F. Doak and his brother, Walter, opened the Bank of Kingfisher in a tent on April 22, 1889 - the day of the land run. It stood on the corner of Main and Admire near the center of Kingfisher. Almost immediately, the Doaks built a 20' by 32'
Kingfisher, OK MuseumsThe Chisholm Trail was named after Jesse Chisholm (1805 - 1868), a mixed-blood Cherokee guide and trader. Chisholm had moved goods and cattle over a part of the route and travelers began referring to it as Chisholm's Trail.
Kingfisher, OK ArtsThis sculpture on Main Street is on display for all to admire and to reflect on the history and contributions of those who gave of themselves for the growth of our cities and our country. "The Farmer - He Feeds the World" - Sculptor, Tasso Pitsiri Located above the sculpture is "
Kingfisher, OK Arts"Kingfisher, OK" (Main Street) - artists, Palmer, Ellison, Nix, Stone, and town folk Newspaper Bldg., Southeast corner of Main and Roberts
Kingfisher, OK ArtsWith heavy emphasis on the history and preservation of Kaw Nation's artifacts, the Kansa Museum has frequently changing displ...
9 hole public golf course. ...