In 1889, the parents of the Dalton gang - Adaline Younger Dalton and James Lewis Dalton - planned to move to Oklahoma. Mr. Dalton died on the way, leaving Adaline with three young children to raise: Nancy, Leona, and Simon. An older, feeble-minded son named Charles Benjamin accompanied them.
Kingfisher, OK Pioneer HistoryD.F. Doak and his brother, Walter, opened the Bank of Kingfisher in a tent on April 22, 1889 - the day of the land run. It stood on the corner of Main and Admire near the center of Kingfisher. Almost immediately, the Doaks built a 20' by 32'
Kingfisher, OK MuseumsThis sculpture on Main Street is on display for all to admire and to reflect on the history and contributions of those who gave of themselves for the growth of our cities and our country. "The Farmer - He Feeds the World" - Sculptor, Tasso Pitsiri Located above the sculpture is "
Kingfisher, OK ArtsThe Seay Mansion is a monument to a dream, a dream that Kingfisher would be the new capitol of Oklahoma Territory; a dream that never came true. Abraham Jefferson Seay, the second Territorial Governor of Oklahoma from 1892 to 1893, built the three-story mansion named, "Horizon Hill,"
Kingfisher, OK Museums"Kingfisher, OK" (Main Street) - artists, Palmer, Ellison, Nix, Stone, and town folk Newspaper Bldg., Southeast corner of Main and Roberts
Kingfisher, OK ArtsOn a 160 acre homestead claim of 1902, the "little white house" was built in the early 1920s by Joseph Feerer. Through the...
Fort Supply Lake is a man-made lake with 5,730 surface acres and 26 miles of shoreline and offers several opportunities for o...