Kings Inn
942 South Adams AvenueCamden AR 71701
Ph: (870)836-2535
Built for Major Joseph M. Graham and his wife Mary Washington (first cousin of George Washington) in 1856, this home served as headquarters of Union General Frederick Steele during the Union occupation of Camden in 1864. Furnished in period furniture; open for tours by appointment.
Camden, AR Historic HomesFort Southerland (also known as Fort Diamond) and Fort Lookout were both part of the formidable fortifications started by Confederate troops and improved by Federal soldiers during their 1864
Camden, AR FortsThe Confederate Section of this cemetery is the final resting place for more than 200 Confederate soldiers; over 150
Camden, AR CemeteriesDirections: Ark. 278, which leads into town, becomes Washington Street Built for Peter McCollum in 1847, this museum features some of the original furnishings which were brought up the Mississippi by steamboat from New Orleans in 1863
Camden, AR Historic HomesDirections: 13 miles south of Sheridan on the banks of the Saline River General Steele's Federal troops were desperately t...
Restored 1849 historic home; only house open to the public in El Dorado that was built before the Civil War; decor reflects t...
Directions: Junction Ark. 8 East The site of an April 25, 1864 fight in which Confederate Calvary ambushed and captured a Un...
Directions: From Ark. 133 T; located adjacent to the City Park Three-room shotgun company house built in 1910...
Museum of natural history of South Arkansas with three collections of big game; houses the Pomeroy Planetarium which seats 40...