
WAYNE'S CONOCO / DELI SHOP
314 E. MainCouncil Grove KS 66846
Ph: 620-767-6316
A shelter east of the Neosho River bridge protects the stump of the Council Oak. Gathered in the shade of the big oak on a hot August day in 1825
Council Grove, KS LandmarksThe one-room Field School, closed at the end of the 1945-46 school year, is remarkably well preserved. It was moved from its original site 8 miles south of Council Grove to Maple Camp in 1999
Council Grove, KS Historic SchoolhousesA Council Grove landmark, the Farmers and Drovers Bank is one of the community's most ornate buildings. The two-story red brick bank with limestone trim was built in 1892 for $20,000. Its "eclectic"
Council Grove, KS Historic BuildingsThis 300-year-old bur oak (just the trunk remains) served as the unofficial post office for travelers on the Santa Fe Trail from 1825-1847. Passing caravans could leave messages for future travelers in a cache in the base of the tree. A stone building erected in 1864
Council Grove, KS LandmarksThis imposing, 76-foot-long native stone barn was built into the bank of a hill in 1871 on land owned by the town's founder, Seth Hays. It's the only structure remaining from the Morris County Poor Farm, which existed here from 1889-1945.
Council Grove, KS Historic BarnsDowntown Augusta, Inc. is a Main Street program with the State of Kansas. They help to develop the downtown area, maintainin...
You are invited to the five scheduled tournaments at some of the finest lakes in Kansas. The KWA welcomes anglers of a...
Carrie Plumb was the widow of Emporia Founder and United States Senator Preston B. Plumb. She built the house in 1895 around ...