B&J Restaurant
2501 S. Muskogee Ave.Tahlequah OK 74464
Ph: 918-456-6069
The Murrell Home was built in the new Cherokee Nation about 1845 by George M. Murrell. Murrell was a native Virginain who married Minerva Ross in 1834. Minerva was a member of a wealthy mixed-blood Cherokee/Scottish family, and the niece of Chief John Ross.
Tahlequah, OK MuseumsThe Cherokee Heritage Center, operated by the Cherokee National Historical Society, is located three miles south of Tahlequah, on the original site of the Cherokee Female Seminary. This remote area, covered with dense underbrush, was cleared in the mid-1960
Tahlequah, OK MuseumsThis structure was built in 1845 by James S. Pierce to house the Cherokee National Supreme Court. The supreme and district court both held sessions here for some time. The "Cherokee Advocate" was also printed in this building for several years after the original Advocate building burned. About 1875
Tahlequah, OK Ethnic HeritageThis sandstone building was erected in 1874 and originally had three stories. The third story was removed in 1925
Tahlequah, OK Historic BuildingsHere in September, 1885, the first telephone in Oklahoma was connected for service. It was the first telephone in the Mississippi Valley west of St. Louis. The company was organized by a group of Cherokees, namely, D.W. Lipe, L.B. Bell, R.M. Wolfe, J.S. Stapler, J.B. Stapler, and E.D. Hicks.
Tahlequah, OK Markers
Course Access: PrivateHoles: 18Reserve Advance Tee Times: Yes...
Keystone Public Hunting Area, covering approximately 15,500 acres, lies along much of the shoreline which consists of bottoml...