Double Creek Cove
1 mile S on US 169, 1 1/2 miles ENowata OK 74048
Ph: 918-273-3538
The Noweta Lodge was built by a conglomerate in 1910 and was originally named, the Campbell Hotel, which is the name appearing on the cornice of the building. J. E. Campbell and Emma Journeycake (daughter of Delaware Chief Charles Journeycake) were married on January 17, 1878
Nowata, OK Historic HotelsAnother facility owned and operated by the Nowata Historical Society, the Glass mansion, better known as "The Glass house," is as fine a structure as many found in larger cities of the country. Built in 1883
Nowata, OK Historic HomesLocated in the lobby of the Nowata Post Office is the 1943 mural by Oklahoman, Woody Crumbo. Crumbo, a Potawatomie Indian born in 1912 near Lexington, Oklahoma, was credited with more than 1200
Nowata, OK ArtsThe original courthouse was destroyed by fire on January 30, 1909. The new building was completed in 1912 at a cost of $69,594.64.
Adjacent to the Courthouse is the War Memorial Park. The first stone was set in 1950 by the Newton Martin McKellar Post Number 101
Nowata, OK Historic CourthousesSpectacular rock formations, huge boulders, and frequent glimpses of the lake can be seen along Standing Rock Nature Trail...